Thursday, August 18, 2011

It is what it is.


It is what it is. We are who we are. We do what we do.  (via Facebook status shuffle)

Well if this isn’t just about the saddest thing I’ve ever read, I don’t know what is. 
What’s worse, it was categorized under “wisdom.”  Ok, so I wasn’t expecting Solomon-esque utterances, but wow.

Thing is, people believe this and live by it.  
Life without hope; no hope of change, no hope of becoming better, of growing in grace and love, wretched in the knowledge that we are who and what we are, and that simply isn’t good enough.
Day after day, not expecting anything different, resigned to the fact that “it is what it is.”

Oh to tell them all that Jesus came precisely so that this would NOT be true!

He broke the curse.
We can be born again.
We are no longer chained by sin.
We can be filled with his spirit.
Our minds can be renewed.
We can be transformed.
He brings new life...
And it is Abundant life.

John 10:10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I will review comments as soon as I can. Thanks.